- 1040 – Personal Income Tax Organizer
- Schedule E – Rental / Royalties Income Checklist
- Schedule C – Sole Proprietorship / Single Member LLC Checklist
Tax Preparation Engagement Letters
- 1040 Tax Preparation Engagement Letter
- 1041 Tax Preparation Engagement Letter
- 1065 Tax Preparation Engagement Letter
- 1120 Tax Preparation Engagement Letter
- 1120S Tax Preparation Engagement Letter
- Basic Instructions for Form W-9
- 1099-Misc Request Form
- Tax Due Dates
- North Carolina Annual Report Due Dates – The due date for an annual report depends upon the type of business entity your company is. The chart below explains the due dates by entity type.
- Payroll – Gusto (10% discount)
- Tax Rates – 2021
- Tax Rates – 2020
- Tax Rates – 2019
- Tax Due Dates
- Make a payment to the IRS
- Not sure if you are required to file a Federal Tax Return? Here is a link to the IRS website where you can answer some questions to determine if you are required to do so. — Do I need to File a Federal Tax Return? –
How to add Proactive Accounting Team to your QuickBooks Online (QBO)
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online.
- Click the Gear Icon > Manage Users.
- Go to the Accountants section and click Invite Accountant.
- Enter SMELLINGER@PROACTIVEAT.COM in accountant’s email address.
- Enter Sherrie Mellinger in the first and last name box. This step is optional.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
Securely Send Us a File – Launch
Use our convenient page to securely deliver a file directly to a member of our firm. The selected firm member will be notified once your file upload is complete.
Where’s My Refund?
The IRS generally issues refunds within 21 days from the time you e-file or 6 weeks from the time you file by mail. However, to check the status of your fund, you can simply visit www.irs.gov/refunds to check your status.
Q & A
Question: I’ve been divorced and making alimony payments to my ex-spouse since 2015. I’ll make alimony payment of $24,000 in 2018. I heard that the new Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) doesn’t allow me to deduct my alimony payment on my income tax. – John S.
Answer: You will continue to deduct your alimony payment from your income tax and your ex-spouse must claim it as income. The new rule applies to those entering their divorce or separation agreement after December 31, 2018.
Question: I own a marketing agency and I routinely entertain prospective clients and current clients golfing at my country club, attending a college basketball game, football game, etc. I spend about $12,000 per year. Can I deduct 50% or 100% of that cost? – Ken M.
Answer: Any expenses prior to 2018, you were able to deduct 50% of the entertainment cost. However, any entertainment expenses after 2017, you are not able to deduct any of it until 2026 under the TCJA.