Preparing your own income tax return can be a task that leaves you with more questions than answers. According to a study released by the US Government’s General Accounting Office, most taxpayers (77% of 71 million taxpayers) believe they benefited from using a professional tax preparer.
Whether we like it or not, today’s tax laws are so complicated that filing a relatively simple return can be confusing. It is just too easy to overlook deductions and credits to which you are entitled. Even if you use a computer software program there’s no substitute for the assistance of an experienced tax professional.
Personal & Sole Proprietor Tax (Form 1040) are due 4/15/2020 or 10/15/2020 with the extension.
5 Easy Steps For Preparing Tax Return
- Gather your information – Tax Preparation Organizer + Copy of Driver’s license, State ID, or Passport. You may also need to send additional information: Schedule C Organizer (For Sole Proprietorship or Single Member LLC) or Schedule E Organizer (If you own Rental Properties).
- Upload your documents to our secured portal. Make sure to include the forms or documents from Step 1.
- We go to work and prepare your tax return.
- Upon completion of your return, we will discuss our findings with you and get your approval for the electronic file.
- Upon your final approval, we will electronically file and deliver your return via the secured portal.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much do you charge for a personal tax return?
For a Personal Tax Return (Form 1040) without Schedule E (Rental Income) or Schedule C (Sole Proprietor) is typically around $300. However, depends on the complexity of your return, it will vary. If you would like more accurate quote, you can take the first two steps from above and we will provide you one before we begin work.
How much do you charge for a business tax return?
For a Business Tax Return (Form 1065, 1120, or 1120S), we typically charge around $600 assuming that we do not need to do any bookkeeping/accounting related work. If you have additional questions, you can either schedule an appointment or fill out a form.
Do you prepare a tax return for a non-profit organizations (Form 990)?
We focus our business on helping fellow business owners and their individual tax returns. Therefore, we only do business & personal tax returns.